hello2morrow launches its next generation product Sonargraph for Java
Sonargraph melts SonarJ and Sotograph for Java into one product
New Sotoarc/Sotograph Release 4.0
Submit Your Product Feedback
and win an Amazon gift card
New York City, NY
Sotograph - Overview
Sotoarc's functionality can be extended with Sotograph and the add-on tools Sotoweb/Sotoreport. Sotoplatform and the repository are integral parts of Sotoarc and Sotograph. The software system to be analyzed is initially parsed and the retrieved data are filled into the repository. All add-on tools are based on the same repository.
The Sotograph (Software-Tomograph) uses architecture models defined in Sotoarc for additional analyses. It consists of a number of tools for detailed structure, quality and dependency analyses on different abstraction levels such as cyclical dependencies and duplicated code blocks. Sotograph calculates a comprehensive set of quality information and manages a time series of quality metrics, which can be used for trend monitoring.
Sotograph can analyze the differences between several versions of a software system and document trends. This is an important prerequisite for the continuous monitoring of the maintainability, extendibility and comprehsibility of a software system.
Sotograph provides the following additional functionality:
- Special Visualizations
- Sotoarc comes with a visualization system that has seamless navigation capabilities between different abstraction levels. Sotograph provides an additional visualization tool which enables the generation of more specific graphs. The visualization ranges from architecture modules down to method level. Supplemental information like overridden methods can be mapped to the graphs or is provided by coloring graph nodes. It is possible to choose among a number of predefined layout algorithms. More...
- Measuring Architecture Conformance and Quality
- Using predefined queries and metrics, Sotograph detects a wide range of potential problems and gathers information about many quality aspects. Besides architecture conformance there is also adherence to coding guidelines and rules, the existence of duplicated code blocks, and the identification of cyclically coupled elements. Sotograph also calculates metric values which measure size, coupling and complexity on different abstraction levels. This information can serve as input for Sotograph's other analysis tools. (e.g. to visualize cyclically coupled groups.) More...
- Monitoring of Architecture, Quality and Structural Changes
- Sotograph automatically manages a chronological sequence of information about the evolution of a software system. Using this information Sotograph can determine which architecture violations and quality problems have been introduced or removed between two versions. Furthermore, it has all the necessary information to visualize, on a high abstraction level, how the structure of a software system evolved over time. More...