Open beta phase until end of September
Today we released a beta version of Sonargraph-Explorer. The new product will support Java, C# and C/C++ out of the box and can be categorized a the swiss army knife for software architects, software quality analysts and developers. During the open beta phase everybody can use the product for free. Please use this opportunity to have a look at the product and let us know, what you think about it.
Sonargraph helped to reduce the defect rate of a mission critical system by a factor of ten
The new case study explains how Sonargraph-Architect helped BMW to reduce the defect rate of a mission critical software system by a factor of 10 while improving team agility and end user satisfaction.
hello2morrow switches to yearly licenses
We decided to make our licensing model more flexible. The most important change is that we changed from perpetual licenses to rented licenses. Rental periods range from 1 month to 3 years. While the license price still depends on the project size, the sizing steps are now linear. This lowers the entry barrier for medium size projects up to 1 MLOC significantly.
Existing customers with perpetual licenses are not affected by the change.
Individual independent programmers can now obtain Sonargraph licenses at a significantly discounted rate. The new license model is ideally suited for freelancers who provide high value expert services to their clients or for individuals working on their own software product. Please check our price list for details and legal restrictions.
There are various improvements over all the Soto tool components. Some of them are:
- the Sotoarc engine has been enhanced with an option to reduce the memory for checking and visualization. This makes it possible to analyse and visualize very large software systems.
- a new Soto-API is introduced to script Sotograph via Sotograph queries. This opens a wide range to compact customer analysis steps into a single query.
- there is also a new, comfortable wizard integrated to create and export a full functioning daily batch job based on a previously filled version.
- the ABAP parser stores information about external library artifacts into the Soto repository. This allows the analysis of dependencies into an external ABAP library.
- the external code checker plugins PMD and Checkstyle for Java are updated to latest version.
Sotoarc/Sotograph customers will receive the new release as a part of their valid maintenance service.
Environment Agency Austria Achieves Sustainable Software Development
The case study describes in detail how the Umweltbundesamt (Environment Agency Austria) adopted a development process centered around code quality and how Sonargraph helped to make this initiative a great success. You will find the new case study in our whitepaper section.